APPLY TO BE A STUDENT
Breakthrough Atlanta provides a six-year, tuition-free, year-round program that provides a pathway to college for Atlanta’s middle and high school students. Read the program overview.
The application is available in English and Spanish. The deadline to apply is March 22, 2024.
Virtual Information Sessions & Questions
If you have questions please fill out an interest form where you can also sign up for one of our virtual information sessions. These sessions are currently scheduled via Zoom at 6 p.m. The upcoming sessions are scheduled for Dec. 20, Jan. 10 & 24, Feb. 7 & 21.
“This program is amazing. It’s a lot of kids who are on the same page as you. Kids that you get to know and enjoy being around. I have amazing teachers; they’ve taught me that life won’t always be easy, but always try your best, and you will succeed.” – Kendrell
IS YOUR CHILD ELIGIBLE?
- A current 6th-8th grader who attends an Atlanta-area public or public charter school
- A student who is highly recommended by teachers or counselors
Priority will be given to students who:
- Qualify for free or reduced school meal
- Have parents who have not yet earned a degree from a 4-year college or university
- Applicants are required to complete the online application.
- Please fill out a new student interest form if you have questions. On this form you can also select a date to attend a virtual information session, which is highly encouraged.
- You do not have to complete the online application all at once. You can save and resume the online application later
- Parents must complete a separate application for each child
- Application deadline is March 22, 2024
2024 Summer Program
Family Orientation: June 8
6-Week Program: June 10-July 19
Family Reunion: July 20
Program hours are from 8:30 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
The application is available in English and Spanish.
Deadline to apply is March 22.