Helping students develop academic and life skills to enroll and succeed in college.
Breakthrough Atlanta provides a six-year, tuition-free, year-round program that provides a pathway to college for Atlanta’s middle and high school students. Our goals are to ensure our students are academically on track for high school and college, and develop the critical thinking skills and maturity to make wise choices about school and life.
HIGH SCHOOL READINESS PROGRAM
For Rising Seventh through Ninth Grade Students*
Students begin with Breakthrough during the summer before their 7th grade year. For three summers, students attend Breakthrough’s fun and challenging six-week Summer Program, which includes:
- English Language Arts, math, science and social studies classes to help students where they may be struggling, and to preview content for the upcoming school year
- Creative electives in areas such as photography, coding, public speaking, sports and more
During the school year, students attend Super Saturdays where they:
- Explore the non-academic skills they’ll need to achieve their college and career goals through interactive activities and field trip
- Examples of Super Saturday sessions include: personality and learning styles, personal values, goal setting, study habits, and more
COLLEGE PREP PROGRAM
For Tenth through Twelfth Grade Students*
Breakthrough’s College Prep Program supports students and parents navigating the path to college. Our programming consists of:
- Small-group workshops with college recruiters from across the country
- Access to college fairs
- Financial aid counseling
- Discounted SAT/ACT test prep courses
- Individual college counseling
- Weekly scholarship opportunity bulletins
- Pre-college (summer) experiences
We do this with a goal of matching students with the right colleges for them and with enough scholarships and grants (versus loans) to get them to and through college.
*Prospective students may only apply to Breakthrough during their sixth and seventh grade years. Students may transfer from other Breakthrough programs to Atlanta’s program.